Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Daily Bible Reading: How I Do It







READING AND STUDYING MORE THAN ONE VERSION OF THE BIBLE
I am one of those people who finds it far more important to be in the Bible than read only one translation. After all, I read several versions (or translations) of the Bible. Each day, it depends on my mood as to which version of the Bible I read. 
However, with that being said, when a verse jumps out at me, I make sure to study several English translations of the Bible. I study the bare minimum of three versions at that point, more often five, and ideally, I will look at all English translations when something really jumps out at me and I think I should study it as much as possible. I do this in particular when God is really speaking to me through a verse. 
Why do I do all of this? The more versions of the Bible I read, the more I will understand the Bible. 
I hope all of that made sense. I needed to give that background so you can understand why I do what I do when I read my Bible each day. 

MY DAILY BIBLE READING
So, how do I read my Bible each day?
I read it on my Amazon Kindle Fire HDX 8.9-inch 4G Tablet or on my PC and I go to:
Next, on the left-hand side of the page, I click on: "READING PLANS."
Then, I decide which version of the Bible I want to read that day and click on it. 
At that point, I click on "GO."
Then, I copy and paste the reading into my online journal and then as I read, I will go to a new line after the verse that speaks to me and I type: "MY NOTE:" in big letters and write anything God says to me, what I say to God, what this means for my life, and what I want to apply to my life (when and how). 
I journal anything that God tells me to at this point.

WHY?
Why do I copy and paste the entire text into my online journal? It's because I want a record of what God is doing in my life and when. I want to see it and keep it in the order in which it happens. That way, when I go back later to see what God did in my life for whatever reason, or just to review, I can see the progression of things and God's hand at work. 
Also, this will be a wonderful journal for my future kiddo to have and they can save it and pass it on to future generations. 

JOURNALING THE BIBLE
Journaling about my daily Bible reading is everything. It's the most important thing in my life and is the most important thing I do. It's how I establish and keep a relationship with God and listen to Him since I am in His Word and He speaks to me through it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment