Thursday, December 13, 2012

One of Those Days and Journaling Anyway




Today is one of those days for me. I barely slept last night. I have a lot of things on my mind (Christmas, how the Hobbit comes out tomorrow, being terrified about my new 2013 journaling project, etc. Never mind some other stuff I don't want to share yet). Therefore  I am finding it difficult to journal and blog. And, I never find it difficult to journal or blog. As a matter of fact, I am not sure if I really want to journal. (But, I know that I will regret it if I do not.) 

So, what do you do on these days?

Ever hear of the story of the Little Engine that Could--or the one about the tortoise and the hare? Both have the same message: Perseverance. 

Journal anyway. 

Write. Journal. Put something, anything, on the page. Be present. The enxt thing you know, you'll have a moment of insight and clarity that will break through the clouds of your journaling day. That is when you'll find your silver lining and will make the cloudy day useful to you. But, you cannot find that ray of hope to cling to until you start to journal.

I usually write in my journal: "I have no idea what to say." If I need to, I repeat that phrase, or something like it, over and over until I come up with something else to say. I will keep searching for the silver-lining and ray of hope. I expect it--knowing that it will come. I just need to journal anyway. I need to be present in my journal and see where it takes me. 

My journal will focus me, once again  on what is really important  My journaling will bring me proper perspective and will give me insight.I just need to give it a chance and persevere--even on one of those days. 

~ Stacy Duplease

(Image Credit: Microsoft Images Online.)

No comments:

Post a Comment