Friday, December 7, 2012

Christmas is...

Christmas is a time to celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ.

It was never supposed to be about decorating, presents, stress, family dynamics, etc. Christmas should never make anyone cringe or start counting the cost. Rather, we have made it that way.

Christmas is supposed to be about Jesus. Not us. Not presents. Not dinner. Not traveling.

Journaling Exercise
How have you complicated Christmas in your life?

Am I saying not to do or have any of the things I have listed? No. But, I am saying that if you cringe at all or stress at all, I would reevaluate my perception of Christmas, get back to the true meaning, and adjust what I do for Christmas so I could remember what really matters:

Jesus Christ was born to save the world from sin and bring mankind eternal life.

Journaling Exercise
What are your thoughts?

-- Stacy Duplease
Journalkeeper & Author

(Image Credit: Microsoft Images Online)

No comments:

Post a Comment