Monday, December 5, 2011

Oh, boy. More changes...

How quickly things change. What is that they say about the best laid plans? 

Yes... Plans change. Rapidly. In spite of us sometimes and because of us at other times. 

It's no different here for me. Last week, I announced I was going tow rite a book on Psalm 119. Well... That's been put on the back-burner for another time. God has other plans for me. (Who am I to object or argue?) 

This is where things get tricky and difficult to explain. So, it might seem like I am babbling. (I guess I kind of am, but bear with me and I will hopefully get to the point.) Let me share some of the points of why I am writing a different book than the one on Psalm 119:
A With it being this time of year, he has stressed to me the importance of evaluating our lives and seeking him. Also, how important it is to remember what he had said to us, what we have said to him, and what he has done in our lives. Also, how critical it is to journal so that we can remember. He wants me to write something that encompasses all of this... But, there's more.
B I have lived quite an interesting life and have learned lessons the hard way and as I go. He wants me to remember what he has done in my life. My story should be told so that people can see how it's possible to redeem a torn-up life. (God's words, mind you--not mine.)
C He also said that I have a story to tell about faith struggles and how he has worked with me and how I have tried to listen and obey--while I lvoe him deeply and intimately. 
D But, most importantly, my life right now is rather interesting. This is the main story to tell. 
E I want to grow a deeper and more loyal faith in the Lord and in his Word. 

So, what on earth am I writing? You might wonder. 

LATEST WRITING PROJECT ALERT
Have any of you read, "The Confessions of Saint Augustine?" (This has been credited as the world's first autobiography and memoir, by the way.) It's been a while since I've read it--and just started to read it again last night. It's Augustine talking about his struggles with faith and where he talks with God about them. That's kind of what this latest book I am writing is about.

The latest book I am writing is: "GRAPPLING WITH MY FAITH, VOL. 1." 

It's my prayer journal--starting yesterday.

So, I am going to be very real and transparent about my grappling with my faith: past, present, and future. 

I will not share most of this writing on this blog. Rather, I will share bits and pieces. I will write daily things to share with you and will do short clips every day designed to get you thinking and recording your spiritual memoir in your journal--as you grapple with your faith--present, past, and future. 

I will charge $7.00 for this book. 

CONTINUING WRITING PROJECTS
I am still writing a post every day of: "A MONTH OF PRAYING THE WORD" and "365 DAYS OF PRAYING THE WORD: SCRIPTURE LIST #1." 

Stacy Duplease
Bible Study Writer & Blogger
A Loyal Faith

Find my books at/store: http://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/hisfiction 



No comments:

Post a Comment