Saturday, September 1, 2012

Pray Constantly for Writers in 365 Days: Day 1 Welcome

 
 
Blog Post Series and Book:
Pray Constantly for Writers in 365 Days
Key Verse: 1 Thessalonians 5:17, which states: Pray continually.

Day 1: Welcome
Are you a writer? Welcome.
Do you want to write? Welcome. You will learn to be a writer over the next year.
Are you a Christian writer? Welcome.
Do you have a craft or hobby? Welcome.
Do you have a dream? Welcome.
While this book, and blog post series, is specifically for writers, you can use it no matter who you are--to help you to learn to pray without ceasing and follow your calling every day.
This book is to help Christian writers to follow their call from God and draw forever closer to him in the process. This is a book to help you to learn to pray constantly as you learn to hone your craft.
This is a daily devotional, a Bible study, a prayer guide, a prayer journal, writing guide, and book of encouragement to help you give your craft every day to the Lord.
The book you hold in your hands (literally or metaphorically) is something I have hunted for, and have not found, in over 10 years of searching. I decided to write it since I could not find anything like this on the market and I hope you will be blessed by it over the next 365 days. I also hope it will be an encouragement enough to help you pray constantly and live your calling every day, that you will re-read it every year.
I do not know about you, but I constantly pray that every word I write be the words God wants me to write. Then, I worry that I am writing my words and not his. The truth of the matter is if writing is an act of worship, and is how you pray constantly, and without stopping, then your writing will be of God. Period. End of story. It cannot be anything but.
So, how do you know if your writing is a hobby--and how do you know if it is a calling?
Answer: You pray about it.
Prayer:
Dear Lord,
1 Thessalonians 5:17 gives us a simple command. It is to pray constantly. That means to pray without stopping, to pray always, to pray first and foremost, and to pray above all else. Lord, I want to learn how to do this literally. I do not want it to be a figurative expression in my life. I want to learn how to pray constantly as I live my life day by day, minute by minute. I recognize this is an act of worship. So, Lord, teach me to pray constantly, 24/7/365.
Abba, there is something else on my mind. I know you already know what I am about to confess before I even address it. And, I think you in advance for your answer. Lord... I keep experiencing a strong pull that leads me to want to write. Do you want me to write as a calling or as a hobby? That is my question.
And, if I am to write as a calling, as an act of worship, then is my current project (or the one I have planned or will plan) the one you want me to write?
Lord, use my pen. Make every word I write your own. I do not want any word to be mine, but every word to be yours alone. I want to write what you want me to write.
Guide me.
Instruct me.
Teach me.
Use me.
Give me understanding.
Help me to listen. Help me to hear. Help me to immediately respond.
Verses to Look-Up and Pray: 1 Thessalonians 5:17; Matthew 6:8-13; Psalm 19:14; Ephesians 1:7-9; Philippians 4:7; Colossians 1:9-10; 1 John 5:20.

(Image from Microsoft Iamges Online.)

Stacy Duplease
Historical Fiction Writer of:
Inspirational American Historical Ancestry Romance Fiction
dba Remembering Your Present, LLC & Family Treez USA

No comments:

Post a Comment