Thursday, October 13, 2011

Experimenting with my writing

As you read in a blog post last week, I started to use Google Docs for my main writing tool. So, I can use it on my cell, on my PC, and on my Amazon Kindle Fire once I get it. Now that I've used it for over a week, I have a confession.

It's even better than I thought. 

My productivity had increased by at least double. Some days, it's been triple-fold. No exaggeration. I am getting far more done and far more quickly. 

Then, two days ago, my work doubled again (on top of the double already from using Google Docs). I couldn't figure out why. Then, yesterday, it went back to what I've been averaging over the last week. Huh. Why? What caused the jump?

Then, in the middle of the night, it hit me. I knew what caused the spike. I listened to country music. I sang at the top of my lungs, danced, and wrote. But, through all the fun, I increased my productivity yet again. Interesting. You would think it would be the opposite. Nope.

So, I tried the country music thing again. Sure enough. I had a spike in productivity again. 

Interesting. 

This is what I talked about in my last blog post. You have to constantly experiment to see what works and what doesn't work when you write... keeping in mind it can evolve and change. 

If you get more done with writing one day, why? What's the difference? If you get less done, why? What's the difference? These are questions to ask yourself. It will help you to ace NaNoWriMo and write the best novel possible. 


Stacy Duplease
Historical Fiction Author
A timeless kind of love... 
My historical fiction blog & latest book information: Obstacles and "Yorktown's Dawning": Part 2
My writing fiction & NaNoWriMo blog: 18 days and counting until NaNoWriMo

No comments:

Post a Comment